Stanley College is an approved FEE-HELP provider and offers fee-paying places within its higher education courses. Eligible domestic students may elect to defer all or part of their tuition fees by accessing the Commonwealth Government's Higher Education Loan Program (HELP).

FEE-HELP is an Australian government loan for eligible higher education students to pay tuition fees. You cannot use it for accommodation, laptops, or textbooks. If eligible, FEE- HELP can cover all parts of your tuition fees up to a maximum amount, which is the FEE- HELP loan limit.

Visit the StudyAssist website for more information.

All courses at the Higher Education level are applicable for FEE-HELP. Currently, all our Bachelor's degree courses at Stanley College are applicable for FEE-HELP, but you need to meet the eligibility criteria.

To be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for a unit of study, a person must be:

  • Australian Citizen, or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or an eligible former Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
  • Australian permanent resident undertaking Bridging Study For An Overseas Course
  • Studying A Course Leading To Higher Education (Such As A Bachelor Degree)
  • Meet Tax File Number Requirements
  • Have Not Exceeded The FEE Help Loan Limit

FEE-HELP does not cover bridging courses, materials, services, and facility charges. If you apply for FEE-HELP, the 50% pass rate will apply. This means that once you have undertaken eight or more units in the Bachelor's degree, you must have passed at least 50% of your total attempted units in order to remain eligible for FEE-HELP.

For further information, visit the Australian Government website Study Assist

There is a fixed maximum amount that you can borrow in your lifetime, called the FEE-HELP limit. For 2023, the HELP loan limit is $113 028 for most students, but there is a higher limit for some approved courses. When enrolled in a full fee-paying place, there is a 20 per cent FEE-HELP loan fee applied to some undergraduate study. The loan fee does not count towards the HELP loan limit. The loan fee is applied to each unit of study. From 1 January 2023, the 20 per cent loan fee applies to most students who pay for their undergraduate courses with a FEE-HELP loan. Any amount borrowed becomes part of an accumulated HELP debt which you will be required to repay through the tax system once you meet a certain salary threshold, which is $48,361 in 2023..

If you do exceed your limit, you will be required to pay the excess fees upfront to Stanley College. This may also mean that your account will be sanctioned, and restrictions will be placed on your enrolment and grades.

Once you begin using your HELP loan limit, the amount of HELP you have left to borrow is known as your available 'HELP balance'. You can view your FEE-HELP balance through the myHELPbalance portal. Please note that this portal will not show your current session usage so please check your Commonwealth Assistance Notices for your latest usage.

If you receive an offer to study for a Bachelor's degree course and are eligible for FEE- HELP, you can apply by filling out an Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (Ecaf). You will need to quote your tax file number or provide a Certificate of Application for a tax file number. The form must be submitted before the census date to ensure fees are deferred onto your loan.

For further information, visit the Government's FEE-HELP page.